Mike Goldstein has done it all – toured Australia and abroad, appeared on ABC’s Tonightly and Triple J, opened for legends Doug Stanhope, Tommy Tiernan and Jim Jefferies, and is a host of one of Australia’s most successful comedy podcasts, ‘The Phone Hacks’.
American born Mike Goldstein isn’t in Kansas anymore. Sydney first, then Perth, and now Melbourne, the part Christian, part Jewish, with a dash of Sri Lankan (Yep! You read right!), has been doing stand-up comedy for the past decade – and Aussie audiences have been loving him.
Mike’s performance credits include:
• New York State Finalist ‘Catch a Rising Star’ 2009
• People’s Choice Award – Golden Gavel 2009
• Winner – ‘RottoFest – Best of the West’ Comedy Competition 2009
• Green Faces National Finalist 2005
• Raw Comedy State Finalist 2006
• Best Local Act Nominee: Perth Int’l Comedy Festival 2012/2013
• Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2015 – 2018
• Sydney Comedy Festival and Showcase Tour 2014 – 2018
• Perth Fringe World Best Comedy Nominee 2015/2016
• Melbourne’s Spleen Comedy Comic of the Year 2016
Mike’s recent Australian media roles include:
• Triple J’s ‘J-Arts’ program
• The Arecibo Message on SBS (Writer)
• Planet Perth – (Pilot writer and panellist)
• Channel 9’s The Pulse
• Triple J’s Drive w/ Veronica & Lewis (multiple guest appearances)
• Tonightly with Tom Ballard (ABC)
• Hughesy We Have A Problem
Mike Goldstein has established himself as a unique and refreshing rising star on both the Australian and international comedy circuits.
So very, very wrong. But the way he told it, just made laughing at it so very, very right.– Drum Media
Ridiculously funny, charming and highly inappropriate.– Veronica Milsom (triple J)